As a waterfront commercial property owner or manager, you know firsthand the constant battle against the forces of nature. Erosion, flooding, and leakage can quickly compromise the integrity of your seawalls, exposing your valuable real estate to serious risk. Fortunately, there is a durable solution: polymer grouting.
Seawall Repair Network® contractors are trained in a propriety repair process featuring the installation of SW-RP1 polymer grout. Unlike time-intensive seawall replacement projects which can take weeks to complete, this process can be completed in just hours or days. The hydrophobic polymer material expands on contact with moisture, creating an impenetrable barrier against water intrusion. Polymer grouts also bond tenaciously to surrounding materials, providing unmatched strength and longevity.
Signs Your Seawall Needs Repair
As a property manager, it’s important to regularly inspect your seawall and watch for these common signs of structural failure:
- Soil depressions near the seawall
- Rust stains indicating corroded rebar inside the concrete
- Movement or shifting of seawall sections under pressure
- Cracks in the seawall cap
If you spot any of these issues, it’s time to act before further deterioration and property damage occurs.
Polymer Seawall Repair for Property Protection
Polymer grout is the premier solution for restoring stability to aging or damaged seawalls.
- Durability: Polymer stabilizes supporting soil behind the seawall by transforming it into an impermeable mass that resists erosion.
- Minimal disruption: Polymer grouting minimizes downtime and tenant/customer disturbance compared to seawall replacement projects.
- Cost-efficiency: The quick application reduces repair costs and revenue losses from closures. Durable polymers also decrease the need for frequent future repairs.
- Versatility: Polymer grouts address minor cracks, large voids, soil issues and more, making them adaptable for any repair scenario.
- Eco-friendly: SW-RP1 is NSF/ANSI 61-5 certified for contact with potable water.
While the installation of polymer grout is an excellent solution, Seawall Repair Network® contractors often combine it with other techniques like the installation of a hydrostatic pressure control system, steel tieback anchors, and seawall cap repair for a durable, custom remediation.
Follow the Three-step Property Preservation Plan
Don’t leave your waterfront assets vulnerable. Call on Seawall Repair Network® for a rapid, resilient, and cost-efficient solution. Protect the future of your coastal investment today.
- Contact an Expert
2. Get a Detailed Repair Plan
3. Relax While We Save Your Seawall